Friday 19 February 2021

Snooker Break....!

Its been a while since the last post.  So this post is about what is happening in my Snooker world.

Short story is I am not going to be playing Snooker competitions at least until July 2022.



I need a break.  For those snooker mates out there I am not talking about the snooker break but break from the Snooker :).  Why?  There are a couple of reasons for the decision.

I feel that I have hit a saturation level at game.  I see my performance is not going up much even though I put extra hours of practice on the club table.  I believe I have got into mindless playing hitting balls without a purpose and focus.  This happens when you do the same thing, anything for that matter for so long that at some point you forget the whole purpose of doing it.  

Another aspect is that to move to the next level I need to do more solo practice hours.  To make this possible I have to have my own snooker room.  As I got my new house in Gordon now, the plan is to build a snooker room to have my own table.  This will take an year or so to get this done and start hitting balls.  I have to have my own table to move to next level in the game.  Well, at least this is what I believe at this point!

Given the above two drivers I have decided to take a break from playing competitions and therefore serious snooker practice.  I will still go to the club and hit the balls socially with my mates.  I will watch snooker videos and be in touch with the game thru these routes.  

A problem aka opportunity arises out of this decision.  That is I am going to have a lot of free time due to this vacuum created by snooker absence.  What do I do with those extra hours?  I don't know!  Possible options are:

  • reading 
  • fitness
  • play other sports like badminton, table tennis
  • develop myself around career skills like new SAP modules thus making way for better earnings to sooner realize my future aspirations. 

Or probably a mixture of all these?!  I still have to figure it out. 

Bottom line is no serious snooker in the near-medium future until mid 2022.  What happens after that all depends on what all I do until July 2022.  How well I utilize this time to bounce back strong on Snooker table?  We will have to wait and watch.

Signing off Snooker.......bye.....for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment